Thursday, September 22, 2011

Autumn Has Arrived!


I've been waiting anxiously for tomorrow because it's officially Autumn and it's truly my favorite time of year! 

Now it's time to look forward to the gorgeous yellows, golds and orange colors of the many Pistachio and Liquid Amber trees which line the streets of my neighborhood. I also enjoy the cool mornings we have which are followed by an afternoon warm up, and then a cool, crisp evening ends the day. Where I live we are fortunate to have this type of weather until about mid November. 

Along with the beautiful warm colors of the season, it also begins another favorite pastime for me and that's Fall baking! Yeah!! There's almost nothing better than the delightful smell of pumpkin bread in the oven, and on my last visit to the grocery store I made sure I had all fresh baking ingredients to get started.

The pumpkin bread I love to bake is from my all time favorite recipe website which is allrecipes.com and it's titled "Pumpkin Bread IV". This recipe yields 3 loaves and included on this website is a feature that allows you to scale a recipe to suit your needs.   Right now I need 3 loaves. One for my parents, one for my husband and myself, and one for the freezer to enjoy at another time.
          Maybe you need a little inspiration to do some of your own Fall baking?   









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments!

I love reading your comments.
Thank you for each and every one!