Monday, September 26, 2011

Zucchini Cobbler?

Is everyone sick of hearing about what to do with the last of the zucchini from the garden?
Well since I don't have a garden, I don't have an abundance like those who do. But my father does and  I rely on my him for my zucchini, garlic and tomatoes every year.   I am thankful for the fresh, organic produce he has grown and is willing to give it away when he has his bumper crops. 

So when my refrigerator bin is brimming with zucchini, I look to my old standby recipes and also search the web for new and updated recipes to make.  One of my favorite dessert recipes I found a few years ago is Zucchini Cobbler from www.food.com.

Once you taste this recipe you are fooled into thinking you are eating apple pie in a cobbler form.  I tried this recipe out on my family and friends and they all fell for it!   But the best part of this cobbler is that it calls for for 8 cups of shredded zucchini!  So when you are looking to move that zucchini, this is the recipe!  And don't forget, this is one way to get that vegetable serving in!  Right!

Zucchini Cobbler. Photo by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments!

I love reading your comments.
Thank you for each and every one!