Thank you Daughter!
2 cups LaVictoria Salsa (mild or med)
2 cups long grain white rice
1/3 cup canola oil
4 minced garlic cloves
2 cups chicken broth
1 T tomato paste
1 1/2 tsp salt
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position. Preheat oven to 350°F .
2. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP! Place rice in a fine mesh strainer and rinse under cold
running water until water runs clear, about 1 1/2 ‐2 minutes. This step removes
the starch so rice will not stick. If you omit this step rice will not be dry and
fluffy like the restaurants.
Drop a few grains of rice in, if they sizzle it’s ready. Add rice and fry stirring until
rice is light golden and translucent, about 6‐8 minutes.
Be careful that oil doesn't get too hot too fast or it will spatter.
4. Set heat to medium and add garlic, cook stirring constantly until fragrant about
1 1/2 minutes.
5. Stir in broth, salsa, tomato paste and salt. Increase heat to medium/high and
bring to a boil.
6. Cover pan and transfer to oven to bake until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
Cook for 15 minutes, stir well and then cook for an additional 15‐20 minutes .