Monday, December 26, 2011

New Year's Eve Pajama Party



For many years I've had a New Years Eve Pajama Party at my home.  Everyone comes in their comfy pj's and slippers and we all hang out having plenty of appetizers, cocktails and party games all night long. Then just before midnight we all get bundled up, head outside and ring in the new year with plenty of noisemakers and fireworks that could possibly raise the dead! 

So for me, during the week between Christmas and New Years Eve, it's time to plan the appetizer menu and prepare for my "New Year's Eve" cocktail which will kick off the evening.   I always set up a complete bar, but somehow I got into this pattern of making one special drink each year.
As far as the menu for the appies go I always have a few of my family favorites and also add a couple of new ones to try out on everyone.  My friends always bring desserts so I am off the hook for that part of the menu. 

As far as the resolutions go, I've never really made any.  I usually just hope that the new year will always bring better days and that everyone will have more peace and tranquility and a healthy year ahead. 



Here are a few of my favorite munchies...

Mouth-Watering Stuffed Mushrooms
Party Rye
Spinach Dip
Deviled Eggs
Artichoke Dip
Ultimate Party Meatballs


I can't forget the cocktails!

Stunna Breeze
Lemon Drop Martini
Gin or Vodka and Tonic with Lime
Cosmopolitans
New Years Champagne Punch
Veuve Clicquot toast at midnight!



And to everyone out there, however you spend your
New Year's Eve, I hope you and yours have a very safe and memorable celebration!








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.
Thank you for each and every one!