Saturday, February 25, 2012

Recycling Calendar Covers


Back when I was taking out my new calendar for 2012, I realized how sturdy this big envelope was that it came in and decided to use it to store some of my painting stencils in. I don't know why I didn't think of this before!  Now most of my small and medium sized stencils fit perfectly inside and are tucked away safely in a pretty and sturdy folder!

In the past I have used some of the calendar cover pictures from each month that are usually on the backside for creating gift tags and note cards.  Even the actual calendar's month pictures are sometimes suitable for framing.


Note card and gift tag I made from a previous year's calendar cover
 
 

Santa page from December 2011 calendar
Wouldn't he look great framed or for gift tags?
So next time your calendar comes in a cover like this, consider using it for storage or crafting instead of tossing it away!

 If you happen to like this folk art calendar, you can check out, "Folk Art By David" at:
http://retail.shoplegacy.com/artist/folk-art-by-david.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments!

I love reading your comments.
Thank you for each and every one!