Saturday, March 10, 2012

Black & White Easter Bunny Wreath









One thing I haven't had in a long time is an Easter wreath.  So this year I designed a bunny wearing a top hat and cut it out with my scrolling saw.  I love to create my own decorations and I really like the way this turned out.

My Easter bunny is  three dimensional with the hat and head being one piece, and the ears, the hat brim and the eyes and nose are all separate pieces.  I also like to use a wood burning tool to carve and burn in lines on my designs as I did here for the whiskers and mouth. I also used wood plugs for his eyes and "Welcome" is written in chalk on his hat brim to greet everyone.

Once I painted him and glued all the parts together I went looking for a wreath in my craft stash to hang him on and all I found was my black Halloween one.  So then I thought why not give it a try. So what if it's not going to be all pastel like most wreaths? 

After securing the wood piece to the wreath I went to my supplies for some ribbon to tie this all together and of course I had every kind of ribbon but not what I had in mind.  So quickly I hopped like a bunny over to Michael's Arts and Crafts and picked up some black plaid ribbon to finish the job.

Love him on my dutch door!  I think he's a very dapper Easter bunny, don't you?

Linky Partys




The Girl Creative

Tip Junkie handmade projects


16 comments:

  1. He is adorable! Id love for you to share him at Mix it up Monday:

    http://flourmewithlove.blogspot.com/2012/03/mix-it-up-monday_11.html

    I hope to see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Diane, You are so talented! I love your wreath. Stopping by from Feral Turtle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will hop over to see you soon!

      Delete
  3. Hi, Diane

    I just love looking around your lovely blog and your Etsy shop! Thanks so much for stopping by www.homesweetbutterfly.com. I appreciate it very much. I am also you new follower. Have a great day!

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so adorable! I really do think he looks dapper in his black top hat! You obviously have great skill with a scroll saw. Thanks for sharing him at my party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is darling! When I lived at home we made stuff all the time with our band saw. I miss that. He is such a Qt-pie bunny. Great wreath!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wreath is very cute. I love the ribbon you used and the sweet Welcome on the ears.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I will stop by for a visit and browse around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the black and white. Not your typical Easter colors, and that's why I like it!

    Linking from Random Thoughts :D

    xo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, take a bow!

    You've put a "spring" in my step with your creative loveliness.

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for leaving such a nice compliment!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments!

I love reading your comments.
Thank you for each and every one!