Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Easter Soaps and Matchboxes


Today I'm showing you another Easter project I made using ordinary bar soaps and small matchboxes.  I love finding cute holiday pictures to Mod Podge on items like these.  It's pretty much instant gratification!

First find some adorable graphics like these I got from Karen, The Graphics Fairy.
She has so many wonderful FREE graphics that she kindly shares and these two were my choices to make my project so I could share with all of you!

Supplies needed:
matchboxes
bar soap (with a flat side)
Mod Podge
Paintbrush or sponge brush
cute graphics
scissors or cutter
color printer & paper
glitter gel
After finding the graphics you want, you will need to size them and print them according to the size of the soap or matchbox you are using.  I print them out in doubles for the matchboxes and singles for the bar soap. The soap brand I used was DIAL...it seems to be the only one I have ever been able to find that is rectangle and has one flat side.

Next cut out your graphics and make sure they are the correct size of your matchbox or soap before starting the next step.  Then brush on one coat of Mod Podge to the surface you are adding the graphic to.  Quickly and gently fit the picture to the soap or matchbox and smooth out any bubbles.  Once that is dry, apply one coat of the Mod Podge but be sure not to brush back and forth too many times or you will smear the ink from the picture.  Let dry and add some glitter gel to any area you want to emphasize.

These matches are cute when sitting next to any candle arrangement you may have, but please be careful to keep them away from the kiddies!  And of course the soaps are really just for decoration, but  they will get many compliments from your guests.  These matches make cute hostess gifts when paired with a candle and the soaps with a holiday themed fingertip or hand towel.

If you try this project for yourself, please send me a picture..I would love to see it!

HAPPY EASTER!
Courtesy of The Graphics Fairy


LINKING TO:




all crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours! {3/20}

Domestically Speaking

Skip To My Lou



5 comments:

  1. wow! Those match boxes are so darn cute! Love it!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These turned out great! Both look wonderful. Thanks for sharing this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments!

I love reading your comments.
Thank you for each and every one!