Friday, March 2, 2012

Jump Start On The Easter Bunny

With Spring arriving soon and Easter just a little over a month away, I like to start getting all my decoration ideas put together.  And yesterday while I was shopping, I saw that all the Easter decorations were out so I decided to pick up some plastic eggs and transform them into sugary looking eggs using Epsom salts and Mod Podge. 

Back before Christmas time I used this method on a pillar candle to give it that sugary look. I was very happy with the results so I figured I could do the same thing on plastic eggs. I got everything set up (which wasn't that much) and got started.
This was so simple to do and takes no time at all!
 Just brush on the Mod Podge, dip into the Epsom salts,
wait to dry and decorate! 




My sugary eggs turned out exactly as I had hoped.
Perfect! 


Vote for me!
Please vote for me to win the Craft Supply Challenge at Craftyminx.com  Thank you!




6 comments:

  1. Your eggs look great! I've never tried this, but I love the look! I hope you'll join one of our party next week!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the invite and for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cute I love your easter egg idea come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was pretty fun if I do say so myself! Thanks for popping over!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments!

I love reading your comments.
Thank you for each and every one!