Friday, April 20, 2012

Beautiful Lake Tahoe

After just returning home from my daughter's house visiting my family, and after taking care of things around my house, I decided to turn around and head back to pick up my husband there and drive to the cabin together for his last ski weekend of the year.   I dropped him off earlier this morning at Heavenly and watched him hook up with his ski buddies while heading for the gondola.  Skiing is his biggest passion and needless to say he is a bit sad that it will be over soon. 

Hubs Skiing
It's such a gorgeous day in Lake Tahoe today and the temps this weekend will be in the low seventies which makes it perfect for whatever you have on your agenda here.   I will be going to pick him up soon and when we return and he showers up, we are going to get some lunch and spend some time just hanging out in town. 

Once the weekend is over we will head back to my daughter's place to continue helping with a DIY project they have going on.  Not sure when I will head home, but I may stay long enough to celebrate my birthday (May 1) with my family.  After that I have a girlfriend coming to stay for a few days and I'm really looking forward to our long overdue visit!

Gotta go since the hubs just called and I'm his taxi for today.  Hope you have a beautiful weekend wherever you may be!

11 comments:

  1. This brings back such fond memories of Lake Tahoe. I grew up in Squaw Valley, and Tahoe is still my favorite place in the whole world. Thanks for sharing and taking me back there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! Lucky you to have grown up in Squaw Valley!

      Delete
  2. Hi Diane! Oh, I'm sure your hubby has been having a wonderful time. I've been to Lake Tahoe but only during the summer time. Those were some of the most gorgeous night skies filled with stars I've ever seen. Not to mention the smell of those wonderful pine trees! ;)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pine smell here is wonderful! I just wish I could take it home with me!

      Delete
  3. Hi, Diane

    How lovely! I am so glad you have a great time.

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Diane! Thanks for popping in to see my little bowl and I hope you're having a wonderful Saturday.
    be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Diane,
    Happy Belated Birthday! I hope it was a good one. I have never been to Lake Tahoe, but I've heard that it's just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments!

I love reading your comments.
Thank you for each and every one!