Monday, April 16, 2012

Home Sweet Home

Just got back home from a two week visit with my daughters, their husbands and also my hubs too so we could all celebrate his birthday and Easter together.  (Hubs has been at the cabin since February 10Th skiing.) We all had a really great visit together and kept busy doing a lot of different things most every day.

First off was the sneaky shopping we needed to do for my husband's birthday.  One thing I wanted to get for my husband was his favorite salt & pepper pistachios.  My daughter and I made a quick trip to Costco while he was off skiing to pick up a few bags.  Hubs LOVES going to Costco so if he knew we were going we would not have been able to get the nuts with him there.  So from there we were off on a hunt for a large glass jar to fit one of these huge bags of pistachios in it.  After a few stores I found a really cool jar with a metal lid that has leaves on top of it as part of the handle.  The whole bag fit inside the jar perfectly!   But now as you can see, most of the nuts have already been eaten.

I love anything with leaves.  It's kinda my thing. 
Please don't mention to him that the jar was really more for me than him, okay? 

A few days after my husband's birthday was Easter Sunday. We woke up to a gorgeous day and went to brunch.  Of course everyone ate their fill and I really enjoyed the mimosas that were being served.  And with such a big breakfast meal like that, we opted for an easy dinner and had barbecued hot dogs.  All in all it was a very relaxing day.

And then with the many shopping trips, walks and dining we did, we also had to do a little resting too.  For all of us that mostly means thumbing through catalogs, reading, playing games on the computer, watching a little TV or taking a cat nap in between outings.  One afternoon while I was thumbing through catalogs at my daughter's house, there was a really cute one called, "The Country Door" which I'd never seen before.  Page after page I kept finding so many things I wanted to buy.  So finally after looking at all the great items this catalog had, it got me wanting to go back out shopping and thrifting again.  Our shopping and thrifting trips were a success and we managed to bring home a few things each time.  I always seem to enjoy shopping when I'm away from home and usually I find a lot more interesting things compared to the shops in my home town.  Is it that way for you?

Also while visiting my family I was trying to catch up on some blog reading but there just wasn't enough time during the day.  There are so many great blogs I love to follow and I was truly missing everyone's latest news, especially with Easter on the way.  So now it's back home and time to put away the Easter decor, tend to the yards and since Mother Hubbard's cupboard was left bare, I will need to do a little grocery shopping.

Although it was time for me to go and leave my family behind, and with everything there is to be done around here after being gone, it's always good to come home!


5 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I'm glad you got to enjoy some time with your family. (A little shopping thrown in here & there never hurts either!)

    That jar is great! I immediately thought of an apple when I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess the jar leaves do resemble an apple's leaves. Now I will always think of that when I see it.

      Delete
  2. That catalog "The Country Door" comes to my house, too! I've never ordered from them, but I always see a lot of things that I'd like to have. That jar with the leaves is really cute, and I'm glad you've had some great family time lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had such a great visit! That is always such a treat! Cute little jar and now I've got to check out that catalog! :)
    Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments!

I love reading your comments.
Thank you for each and every one!