Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Favorite Patriotic Decorations

As promised I said I would share some of my favorite patriotic decorations with you. 


I painted this charming birdhouse back in 1995.  I actually found myself raising my eyebrows
 when I read the date on the bottom!  Sure doesn't seem like that long ago. 
 The design is from a tole painting book called Country Primitives 2 by Maxine Thomas. 


Now this bearded fellow I picked up at a holiday boutique over 10 years ago.  He was so different with his bag of goodies that I couldn't pass him up.  Remember, this girl likes her fireworks!


I found this birdhouse star in Oregon at a painting store in 2001 and it was unfinished.  I knew right away what I was going to do with it.  The little hand carved bird sitting on the perch I bought from an elderly gentleman at a holiday boutique over 10 years ago.  All he had left were three so I snatched them right up!


Well you can see right on this wood plate that I painted it in 2000.  I love this star shaped Uncle Sam holding a flag in each hand and the fireworks shooting from his hat. 



Years back I received a rooster note card (designer Susan Winget I think) from a friend and liked the picture so much that I painted it on a large canvas.  This was dated July 2005 and it also doesn't seem that long ago that I was painting this big boy! 


This is a Susie Saunders tole painting pattern that I painted on a barrel stave in 2001.
I loved all of it's colors, the liberty bell and the way the banner flew across the stave.

I hope you enjoyed a few of my favorite patriotic decorations.  It was actually fun for me going down memory lane!

Linking to:



13 comments:

  1. Hip hip hooray! Love all of your decorations.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some wonderful patriotic things. You also are a talented painter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful decorations, how very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Diane, you're such a talented artist! I can't even pick a favorite, because they're all patriotic, which I love. Makes me want to start decorating for the 4th right NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up. I think my favorite is the star. It is simple yet adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great collection! I love the birdhouse...the little bird above the hole makes me smile - he has quite the personality!! Great painting job! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diane, I have nominated you for the Liebster Award, an award given to up and coming blogs with fewer than 200 followers. I hope you accept the award!

    Best, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for coming to the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop and for the sweet comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so talented! I'm in awe of your artwork. I am behind in my patriotic stuff due to tall of the work we did at the new lake house. We're not even finished there so I don't have any pics! I do have the oustide to show. :0) ONe day this week when I catch my breath! I"m glad you found Pink Saturday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Came over from the Patriotic Party. I love this time of year, too. I have so much Americana stuff, I usually leave it out from June to August so I can enjoy it. I really love the Uncle Sam doll with the bag of goodies!

    Distressed Donna Down Home

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am just bowled over by your painting talent. This is such a wonderful collection.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments!

I love reading your comments.
Thank you for each and every one!