Monday, May 21, 2012

Firecracker Rice Krispie Treats



I had a little fun yesterday while waiting for my Pioneer Woman's Pot Roast to cook and I came up with these FIRECRACKER RICE KRISPIE TREATS to have for dessert. 

First all you have to do is follow the recipe on the rice krispie cereal box or even on the marshmallow bag for the treats.  Then once you've made the mixture and it is cooled enough to handle (don't wait too long) you roll enough of the mixture into a golf ball and then shape it into a firecracker (log) by rolling it with your hands and squishing it with your fingers.

After you've rolled all your "firecrackers' you dip one end into your red sprinkles and one end into the blue sprinkles or as you can see I got a little creative and changed it up.  I even considered adding a small strand of thin red licorice into one end of the firecracker but ended up not doing it since I thought it may not really stick.  Who knows, it may have worked!

Basically the recipe made enough firecrackers that filled a 9 x 13 dish. The two extra that didn't fit in the dish fit in my mouth! YUM!



HAVE FUN WITH YOUR FOOD!

Linking To:


Cherry World 1


21 comments:

  1. What a great idea! It's hard to believe it's that time of year when we start thinking red, white, and blue!

    chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...this year is truly flying by! Thanks for stopping in!

      Delete
  2. That is a very clever idea! I love rice krispie treats & why not make them patriotic for the upcoming holidays? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My family loves these and would eat them in any way, shape or form I can serve them in!

      Delete
  3. I'm loving this idea for our 4th of July party! And I'll experiment with the licorice for a wick. There's gotta be a way to make it work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! If you figure something out please drop me a note. Thanks Carol!

      Delete
  4. Hi, Diane

    I love these treats. I will have to make some for my kiddos. Have a great week.


    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa, I'm sure the kids will love them!

      Delete
    2. Hi, Diane

      They will for sure, who doesn't love rice Krispy treats. Thanks for stopping by my blog. : )

      Delete
  5. Hi Diane! Oh, these are just so cute!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute idea. I love Rice Krispy cookies, but never had these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That would be fun to make! I love patriotic holidays. Thanks for the idea..Happy Rednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanne! I hope to be back for REDNESDAY again!

      Delete
  8. How cute! (But I wouldn't have the patience to make these treats.)


    Tiny Red Leaves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did take a little longer than the original way of making them but their cuteness did make them more fun to eat! Thanks for visiting The Checkered Apple!

      Delete
  9. Cute idea! I haven't had rice krispie treats in years, but this makes me want some :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. They sure are good and they disappear quickly! Thanks for coming by Christine!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments!

I love reading your comments.
Thank you for each and every one!