Friday, December 20, 2013

Andes Peppermint Chocolate Cookies

 
 
 
For you Chocolate and Peppermint lovers.... 


I just got finished making these awesome Andes Peppermint Chocolate Cookies
 
My daughter recently made a batch, shared some with me,
 and I instantly fell in love!

They will now be a must on my Christmas cookie baking list!
 
 


Andes Peppermint Chocolate Cookies
From Military Spouse Dishes
 
Prep time: 
Cook time: 
Total time: 

Serves: 4 dozen
 
A soft chocolate peppermint cookie!
Ingredients
  • ¾ cup butter, unsalted
  • 1½ cups brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons water
  • 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips, I used Ghirardelli
  • 2 eggs
  • 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
  • 1¼ teaspoons baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • Andes peppermint baking chips, 10 ounces
Instructions
  1. In a saucepan over medium heat add the butter, brown sugar and water, stirring occasionally until melted. Remove from heat, stir in the chocolate chips until melted and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
  2. Pour the chocolate mixture into a large bowl, and beat in the eggs, one at a time. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the chocolate mixture. Stir in most of the Andes peppermint baking chips, leaving about ½ cup to sprinkle on top of cookies. Cover and refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour. Do not skip this step. I prefer to refrigerate mine overnight.
  3. Preheat oven to 350° F (175°C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silpat. Roll cookie dough into medium sized balls and place 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
  4. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, be careful not to over-bake. When cookies come out of the oven, sprinkle a few peppermint baking chips on top. Cool for a few minutes and then transfer to cooling racks.
 
Recipe source:  slightly adapted from All-recipes 
 
(I couldn't locate the recipe on their site to see the changes, but after making these I really didn't care!)



Partying at: Domestically Speaking
                    Tatertots & Jello Link Party Palooza



HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
 





5 comments:

  1. Peppermint is my favorite holiday flavor, and I love soft cookies. Guess who will be making these this week! Happy Holidays, Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, I think I'll have to try these too, as I love chocolate and mint together. I'll have to do some investigating though as I've never seen peppermint baking chips !

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look and sound so good! No you've made me gain weight just by thinking about making these! :)
    Merry Christmas and you're always a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is perfect for Christmas! Thank you for the post. I really appreciate people posting new dishes for others to learn. Have a happy Christmas!

    Military spouse benefits

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum!! I have missed so many good things with my lack of blogging !! I hope that you had a great Holiday season. Happy New year!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.
Thank you for each and every one!