Saturday, June 7, 2014

Patriotic Painted Firecrackers

Hello everyone!  

Today I'm sharing another quick and easy patriotic project with you.  
These painted firecrackers are so simple, even the kiddies can join in on this activity!
I've also painted cinnamon sticks the same way and you can see them here.


PAINTED STICK FIRECRACKERS

Supplies:
Wood branches (dried) in various sizes
Red, white and blue acrylic paints
Small drill bit
Jute
Hot glue or tacky glue

DIRECTIONS:
Drill a small hole in the center of one end of your branch to fit the jute. 
Freehand paint or pencil on your designs before painting.
Paint the branches with red, white and blue using stripes, stars, dots, etc.
Cut a short piece of jute to fit into each painted branch.
Add a little glue on one end of the jute and place it into the hole. 
Enjoy!

Happy crafting!








5 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! AND remarkably easy enough to do. What a cute little centerpiece!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute and so were the firecrackers made from cinnamon sticks. I thought I'd better pin them this time !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable. I may used your idea for one of my classes for our leisure learning program. The students love to paint. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these!! A cheap and fun patriotic project ~ gotta make some!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are just too cute. Love them!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments!

I love reading your comments.
Thank you for each and every one!