Thursday, October 23, 2014

Fall Home Decor

FINALLY!    
Here we are in the middle of my favorite season of the year!   I just love the Fall with it's cooler weather and the changing colors it brings to us.  I'm already enjoying the crisp air, spiced cider and some of my favorite Fall recipes.

Today I'd like to show you a few glimpses of this season's décor around my home.  Generally, I start my Fall decorating on Labor Day weekend, and then when October 1st comes, I add in the Halloween items.  Since Halloween is right around the corner I figured I better get my post out before it's over.



Once the trick or treaters have come and gone, I remove the Halloween items and add in the Thanksgiving décor.  Then when Thanksgiving weekend arrives, I take away all Fall items, start up the holiday music and begin the Christmas decorating.

I always make sure I get started on my Christmas decorating early as I know how fast Christmas Day can creep up on me.  It's such a busy time of year for most, and for me it's no different.  I also like taking my time and enjoying the process as much as possible.

For some, It might seem like a lot with all the changing of the décor, but I love it all the same. Every year I say I will keep it simple, but somehow all those special items just have to be everywhere.

Are you like that? 


Wishing all of you a happy and safe Halloween!

As always, thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Diane,
    This is my favorite time of year too! I haven't started my decorating but put some other seasonal things away and will start my fall decorating this weekend. Your decorations are beautiful, I love your quilt and pillow. I love quilts and that one is a beauty! Your mantle and tablescape are pretty too. All this makes me want to bake some pumpkin bread tonight! Enjoy the weekend!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post sounds as though I could have written it myself! I share the same decorating schedule as you. Your fall & Halloween decor look great! I love all your vignettes, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been doing much blogging at all so I'm sorry I've not been by to see your lovely décor. We don't really do fall décor here but Christmas is another matter and I'll be going completely overboard as usual. And I intend to start earlier than usual as I always leave it till the last minute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My absolute favorite time of year: Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec; generic fall in Sept; Halloween in Oct; pilgrims & turkeys in Nov; day after Thanksgiving: Christmas . I am always sad when Thanksgiving is over & I count the months until I see fall & Halloween appear again in the stores. Hobby Lobby starts near Memorial Day & I make it a point to visit HL then. Crazy, I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not crazy at all! It doesn't bother me that the seasonal items are out way before the actual holiday. It gets me inspired for new projects to make and allows me enough time to get things done without getting stressed out.

      Thanks for stopping by The Checkered Apple!

      Delete

Thank you for your kind comments!

I love reading your comments.
Thank you for each and every one!