Thursday, February 5, 2015

An Amazing Pinterest Pin I Tried Today

To those of you who love to use fresh garlic and hate to peel it, here is the best news yet!

I ran across this Pinterest pin from Holiday Sparkle recently and finally gave it a try this morning.

To my amazement, the results were mind blowing.  I do know that many people like to use the garlic in a jar for convenience, but when fresh is needed, try this technique to remove the skins.  You too will be amazed at the results!


Peel an entire head of garlic in less than 30 seconds...kinda like performing a magic trick in your kitchen! I couldn't believe how well this worked!

Below are my results to prove this method.
From one head of garlic, all the cloves but one lost it's skin. 

Not bad for 30 seconds of vigorous shaking in a bowl!
Tip:  I suggest you use a bowl that is very firm with a secure lid to it.

Give it a try next time you want your garlic cloves peeled in a jiffy!



Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. Nothing short of a miracle.....I use fresh garlic all the time and I cannot get the smell of my hands. I am going to try this....so all you do is shake it in the bowl???? Thanks for posting Diane!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! You just shake the bowl vigorously for at least 30 seconds. As for removing garlic smell when you get it on your fingers, wash your hands with soap and carefully touch your fingers to a stainless knife or the like. It takes away a lot of the smell. That works for me.

      Delete
  2. Really? Really! I'm a fresh garlic kind of girl, so I will definitely be giving this a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! And this is such a time saver!

      Delete
  3. A friend showed me a You Tube video that was similar, and I tried it and it didn't work for me, but I don't think I squashed the garlic first. I'm going to have to try this again, thanks for the tip Diane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't smash the head of garlic before I started shaking the bowl. It may have gone faster if I did. Use a very hard bowl and shake it like you mean it! I was actually a little out of breath when I finished the process! Good luck next time Fiona!

      Delete
  4. Well, I will pass this one on to the head chef - I'm not allowed in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you this is amazing . I'm going to try this the next time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and I hope it works well for you!

      Delete

Thank you for your kind comments!

I love reading your comments.
Thank you for each and every one!